Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 04, 2006

OMFG memes!!!3!

And again.

Friday Fiver. I like the Cyndi Lauper reference in this week's.

1. When is the last time your phone rang in the middle of the night?
In the middle of THE night, like when it's dark out? I can't remember. In the middle of MY night, which is everybody else's day? The day before yesterday.

2. Who makes you yell?
All humans, nearly all computer programs, and anything, no matter what it is, that is in my way. [This is probably the worst cardinal sin in the Fridaverse: Being In My Way.]

3. What do you do for fun?
I've answered this so many times in so many memes that I'm not doing it again. Sorry.

4. What hours do you work/go to school?
I work at night.

5. Who is number one in your life?
Sadly, probably me. Sounds selfish, and it probably is, but nobody's going to take care of me except me; and with the health problems I have, that takes up a sizable portion of my time and resources. So if I want to continue eating and not being homeless, I kind of have to make myself a priority.

***

The Alternative Friday Five.

1. Do you like summer in general? Why or why not?
No. It's hot and it's full of mosquitoes. I do like the thunderstorms, but because of global warming [pauses to stab a voodoo doll of an oil executive and stuff it in the blender], the whole Midwest is one big long drought after another, so we hardly get those anymore.

2. Are you liking this summer (or, for those of you in the southern hemisphere, did you like this past summer)? Why or why not?
Well, it beats last summer. I have better air conditioning now, and I don't live smack dab in the middle of the part of town where all the summer festivals and classic car shows are held. Also, thanks to some diligent clearance shopping, I now also have plenty of shorts, so I don't have to choose between sweltering and chopping up my good jeans to make cutoffs. [It's not the shorts' fault that I'm having trouble fitting into some of them now...ahem...]

3. What were summers like for you as a child? Did you enjoy them?
They were fun, although when we lived down south, I spent a lot of time sitting in front of a fan doing little or nothing because of the lack of air conditioning. Luckily, reading and jigsaw puzzles don't require much physical activity, so I kept busy. When we lived out east, the summers were cooler, and my friends and I could run around and play outside more.

4. Which summer was your favourite? Which summer was your least favourite? Why?
Oh, hell, I don't know. See, my brain doesn't work that way. My long-term memory is like a big box of mostly undated photographs that can only be identified by the age of the photo paper and the clothes and apparent age of the people appearing in them. So I couldn't tell you one summer from the next unless something really remarkable happened. Most of the time I couldn't even tell you what season of the year a particular memory comes from. I can say that the summer that sucked the worst was probably the one where I had mono the whole summer. [I will not bore you with the mono story again.]

5. Have you had summer jobs? Which were your favourite and least favourite? Why?
I only had two, and they were both work-study jobs at college. They both sucked.

And that about does it for memes, for now.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home