Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 10, 2006

must...wake...up...

Must also remember not to hit "enter"after typing the entry title. That has to be the stupidest shortcut in all of blogdom, and it seems to be more or less universal. I want to know whose brilliant idea that was.

Anyway.

Wednesday Mind Hump.

1. Do you use email much?
Every day.

2. When did you start using email?
Probably around 1999, 2000.

3. How many email addresses do you have?
uh...you know, I'm not sure anymore. I have 2 that I use regularly, and a couple more that I've more or less abandoned.

4. If you could send an email to your favorite actor or musician, who would it be and what would you say to them?
I really don't have a favourite actor or musician, and I'm sure they all get so much e-mail that mine would either not be read at all, or would just be glanced at. It'd be nice to give a "hi" to, for instance, Tori Amos, but she probably pays somebody to read her fan e-mail; and hopefully she has enough sense when reading her personal e-mail to delete most of the stuff from people she doesn't know. On the other hand, if I had her kind of money, I might open the stuff just out of curiosity. If it had a virus or spyware, I could buy a new computer and pay somebody to set it up.

Thursday Threesome.

::Disc Golf Season::
Onesome: Disc--overy channel madness: did you catch the Mythbusters show with the bit about the Mentos and Diet Coke (episode 57)? Have you tried it at home yet? What am I talking about? Psst: it's a fun project with the kids...
I don't have TV or kids. I do, however, have carpets; and I don't have a yard. So as much fun as it sounds, I think I'll give it a miss.

Twosome: Golf-- Do you play? Do you watch? Do you care? Even the Opens? Just wondering...
No, no, no, and no. Remember what George Carlin said about golf? That's about how I feel about it. If there were fights and body checks, I might change my mind. Or not.

Threesome: Season----ing salt? What spices do you routinely use when you're cooking up a little something for yourself? A little tarragon? Cinnamon? White pepper? What perks up a meal for you?
Generally I use an organic seasoning blend, Mrs. Dash, Italian seasoning, or whatever individual spices seem like they'd fit. I do not own any white pepper; I have never come across a situation where black pepper wasn't good enough. I have cinnamon, but I only use it about once a year; and then I usually use sticks, because it's a helluva mess trying to strain ground cinnamon out of your herbal tea. I own tarragon too, but it has such a malevolent funk to it that I don't use it unless it's specifically called for in a recipe. [Same goes for fennel. Ew.]

Booking Through Thursday.

1. Do you plan ahead for your reading? Work off of a to-be-read pile? A reading list? Or do you wing it, choose whatever you're in the mood for?
I try to finish what I'm reading before I start something new. Of course, that never works, so I'm in the middle of about seven or eight books right now. I see something interesting, I start reading it, and then I rotate that with the other books I haven't finished until I finish one. I've been trying to get the pile down to 2 or 3, but it's never worked.

2. If you do plan ahead, how far ahead? Do you have two or three books waiting in queue? Or are you backed up by dozens of volumes waiting their turn?
See 1.

3. If you do not plan ahead . . . well, never? What about if you're reading a series? Or someone gives you a book for a present?
I have books people have given me that have sat unopened for years. They know I have 560 other books, so if they were expecting me to drop everything and read THEIR book right away, they're nuts. The only series I really read is Harry Potter, and the only plans I have regarding that revolve around waiting for #7 to come out and buying a boxed set of all 7 [you know they'll have one] since I only own #6 and took the rest out of the library. Knowing me, I'm sure I'll sit down and read it as soon as I get home.

Now I must work.

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home