Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Saturday Night Memester

I probably shouldn't do these before my coffee, but it's gonna be a while before my stomach settles enough to accept coffee, so.

Saturday 8.

1. so, how was thanksgiving for you this year? relaxing? fraught with tension? give us the scoop. (frederick - tell us how your week went since you're in the UK!)
It was all right.

2. did you give any of your money to Black Friday yesterday, either in-person or online? (again, frederick, sorry ... tell us if you're shopping this weekend)
No.

3. with christmas and hanukkah being a few weeks away, do you have any holiday shopping done this year yet?
No. I'm not shopping this year, except maybe cards.

4. are you taking any trips this holiday season? where to, or why not?
No. Where would I go?

5. i'm going to iceland in a few weeks where the weather is actually very temperate (30s). every time i tell someone i'm going there, i hear "iceland is green, and greenland is ice." seriously, it's getting aggravating and i feel like i'm just going to punch someone if i hear it again. what is someone (or people in general) doing/saying lately that is wearing on your last nerve?
Merry Christmas.

6. today is the florida-florida state NCAA football game. The Husband is a florida alum, and i began my undergrad career at florida state (my undergrad and graduate alma maters have "questionable" - read: embarrassing - football teams). is there a rivalry that you are particularly interested in, whether it be NFL, NBA, NHL, british footie, equestrian showjumping, tanya harding vs. nancy kerrigan ... you get me.
No.

7. my eldest child just poured 2 cups of water INTO my coffee maker, effectively giving me coloured water to drink. how important is morning coffee to you, if at all?
I don't drink coffee in the morning because it keeps me up during the day when I'm trying to sleep. Evening coffee is pretty important, though.

Get a gallon jug, put a packet of Kool-Aid and the usual amount of sugar in it, and fill it up to the top with water. Have the child taste it. This should illustrate the importance of proportions of water to beverage mix. :)

If only I could teach this to some of the ADULTS I know who make coffee~sigh~

8. did you take a "turkey nap" on thursday? (frederick ... tell us the last time you had a turkey)
No. I can't sleep when I'm really full.

***

Saturday 6.

1. Take the quiz: What was your Thanksgiving horoscope?
I'm a Cancer. It says:

You're the sign most likely to both dread and look forward to Thanksgiving.

Your signature dish: Mashed potatoes

Your signature dessert: Pecan pie

This holiday: Don't let crazy family members get you down. Maintain your tough outer shell!

Uh. Okay. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind for next Thanksgiving.

2. Did you have either of those two dishes on your Thanksgiving table? Of the two, which would have been your choice?
I had mashed potatoes. They were all right, but I didn't cook them long enough to get the skins done. :( But I'd rather have those than a pecan pie, especially with how shit-awful my cooking has been lately. As bad as I fucked up the pumpkin pie [I could barely gag it down; everybody else thought it was great and sucked it down, the freaks], I wouldn't want to ruin a pecan pie like that. Pecans are EXPENSIVE.

3. Which single food do you blame most for your weight gain?
I don't know if I gained any weight or not. I usually wait until all the food passes through my system before I judge that.

Each pound of body fat represents 3500 unburned Calories. Folks, if you genuinely gained more than 1/2 lb. over Thanksgiving, and you don't poop it out over the next week, you might want to consider cutting back on the butter and whipped cream next year. [Or you need to get to the store NOW and get some Ex-Lax.] I know I ate too much, but hopefully my digestive system took care of it. If not...well, it served me right.

4. Take the quiz: How thankful are you?
It says I'm 60% thankful.

You are certainly a thankful person, and you tend to remember what's going well in your life.
You truly are a lucky person - be sure to appreciate how good you have it!

I like how somebody who's never met me knows how lucky I am and how good I have it based on a few questions that have nothing to do with either of those things and everything to do with how much I've adjusted my attitude to my situation.

If you can read and you have access to a computer, you're already luckier than, like, 3/4 of the world anyway, aren't you? So the only people over whom you really couldn't lord the "you should appreciate how good you have it" thing are people who are never going to see this quiz. I just thought that was mildly ironic.

5. Which are you more thankful for: your family, your friends, your career or your possessions?
Depends on the day. Some days I'm just thankful I live alone.

6. Did you do any shopping at all on "Black Friday?"

No. Black Friday has become an obscenity. In any case, I have no money, and if I get any, I'm going to throw it frantically at the student loan people since my forbearances both ran out right before Xmas. If I can't make it by hand, I ain't giving it as a present this year. I am officially Ass-Outâ„¢.

***

On that cheerful holiday note...

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

1 Comments:

Blogger lola h. said...

i'm definitely trying the kool-aid thing this week with clone #1. thanks for the tip. ;)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home