Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 20, 2006

Blursday Memes.

Yeah, I know these are late. This is one of the few places where I can be late and not get socked with a service charge of some kind.

Booking Through Thursday.

1. Do you read in bed? For how long? Do you fall asleep reading? Will a good book keep you up all night?
I read in bed nearly every day, either until it gets really late [usually on work days] or until I'm about to fall asleep and drop the damn thing. I can't remember the last time a book kept me awake for very long unless I really wasn't that tired.

2. Where do you keep your nighttime reading? Do you have a special table next to the bed? Are there many books there? Do you keep books there that you aren't reading (finished or unread)?
I have a bookshelf next to the bed. It has whatever books I'm reading in bed plus a couple hundred just stacked on the shelves because there isn't enough room to put them upright.

***

Thursday Threesome.

::Payin' the bills::

Onesome: Payin'-- Hey, 'they' tell us fuel prices are down! What are you payin' this week for a gallon of gas?

I have no idea. Probably two-something. There's no bus service in town here or between towns, so I don't have a hell of a lot of choice except to pay whatever they charge. That makes it sort of pointless to spend a lot of time looking at the prices--it costs what it costs, and when you need gas, you need gas. Unless you like walking 35 miles each way to see a doctor.

Who are they?

Twosome: the-- heck you say! There's an election coming up here in the US; do you plan to vote? No, no need for your soapbox. ...unless you want to .
Yeah, if I can figure out where I'm supposed to vote since I moved. I generally vote by party. Green is first choice, other third parties or independent are second choice, and DFL is third choice. If there's a Republican running unopposed, I don't vote for that office. The only exceptions I made were in the last two presidential elections, where I voted DFL to try and keep Bush out. Worked great, didn't it? I might as well have voted for Cap'n Crunch. And now that an increasing number of states are using the Diebold voting machines which can be hacked by a developmentally disabled toddler with a Speak & Spell, we ALL might as well vote for Cap'n Crunch, because it won't make a hill of shit worth of difference. This is a shining example of the democracy which we work so hard to spread around the globe.

Threesome: Bills-- Which bill(s) do you absolutely dislike paying? ...and by that I mean the one you "have to-have to" but wish you didn't have to. Tuition/books? Power? The newspaper?
I hate paying all of them. The only ones I dislike less are final payments [such as the final $120 or so I have left on my mattress, which I'll pay off next month].

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home