Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Taking a break from artsy stuff...

Saturday 8.

1. what is your most-used software program?
It's a tie between Firefox and Windows Media Player.

2. what is your most-used hardware device?
My poor crappy vid card gets taxed a lot.

3. is there a software or hardware device that you currently do not know how to use but would like to learn how to use?
MS Access. I never could get the hang of it.

4. so you have the choice between a hard, crunchy taco or a soft tortilla-wrapped one ... which do you prefer?
Soft tacos. The hard shells cut the inside of my mouth.

5. my father refuses soft-serve ice cream a la twistee treat (altho he has stock there, but whatever), mcdonald's, etc. do you prefer hard ice cream over soft-serve like my dad, or does it not matter as long as you have something sweet?
I like both of them equally.

6. when you have a list of tasks ahead, do you tackle them hardest to easiest or in no particular order?

Depends how energetic I am. If I'm having trouble getting motivated, I'll start with something easy to get me moving. Often I'll alternate between easy and hard tasks so I don't get bored, frustrated or tired too quickly.

7. what is the hardest thing you've ever had to tell someone?

I don't remember, but I know I have a hard time telling people I don't like them anymore.

8. today is my friend's dad's memorial service, which is being held in lieu of a funeral (at his request). it's seriously going to be hard to act merry & party, even though there is going to be a keg and BBQ, etc. i love his mom so much, it's going to be hard for me to enjoy myself due to the reason why we're all gathering today. what was the last hard situation you've had to sit/go through?
A urology exam.

My condolences to your friend.

***

Saturday 6.

1. What is the last fruit or vegetable juice you drank? How long ago did you drink it?
I don't remember. I don't like vegetable juice enough to make it from scratch, and it's damn near impossible to find a bottled version that doesn't have 5000 mg of sodium. For some reason, nearly all fruit juices make me very nauseous [except orange juice, which just gives me an acid stomach].

2. Which are more likely to have on hand: fresh fruit and vegetables or fresh juice?
Fresh fruit or veggies, usually bananas or carrots; they're about the only fresh produce I can eat without getting heartburn or some other painful gastric symptom.

3. Does a negative movie review make you less likely to see the movie? Does a positive review make you more likely to see it?
Yes.

4. Take the quiz: What gender is your brain?
It says: 73% Female, 27% Male That's odd; that's the first quiz of that type I've ever taken--and I've taken quite a few--that didn't split it evenly down the middle [or 60/40]. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the choices are either/or rather than scaled or put on a continuum. Either that or it's that damn Premarin. It could also be the fact that I've spent the weekend doing social or family-related activities and am firmly in a mindset that's compatible with female stereotypes. Give me the quiz again after I've been assembling and/or destroying things and you'll likely get a different answer.

5. Which line of description in the results best describes you?
I don't know, I stopped reading it after it told me I think with my heart and not my head. Not only does that not match up with my Meyers-Briggs score [another test I've taken several times, usually getting INTP; I got INFP once, just barely], it's also sorta sexist. Women think with their hearts, men with their heads? That would explain why women are underrepresented in scientific professions--er, except for the fact that the phenomenon seems far less pronounced in Europe than in the United States. It also implies that compassion is a feminine trait. It's not; it's a trait of mature people.

Of course, we love to hold on to ideas like this; any time we're having difficulty finding an excuse not to improve ourselves, we need look no further than our own undies.

6. The U.S. Mint has announced a plan to reintroduce one-dollar coins, this time with former presidents. Would you use one-dollar coins, or is paper still the way to go?
Yeah, sure. I could give a shit either way, as long as it's portable and fits in a vending machine.

What was the matter with the Sacagawea coins, by the way? You know, besides that they didn't have a white male on them. I imagine it's easier to retain one's inflated sense of entitlement when one's race, sex, and religious beliefs are represented on ALL the money instead of just some of it. I'd go for a Martin Luther King dollar coin. It doesn't have to be a president anyway; the one-dollar greenbacks issued during the Civil War had then Treasury Secretary Salmon P. Chase on them. [Lincoln was on the two.]

***

Back to playing archivist...

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

Frida, I use the lower sodium V-8 juice -- not bad, not great. Once you are used to low sodium, it's pretty good and the regular stuff tastes too salty...

5:20 PM  
Blogger Frida said...

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I generally avoid tomatoes because of the acid [except in small amounts, like spaghetti sauce]. I also usually avoid Campbell's products because everything I've ever picked up with the Campbell's label on it has had MSG, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, or some kind of hydrolyzed protein, all of which give me migraines and dangerous mood swings.

I noticed on the Campbell's website that they do not list the ingredients among the nutrition information, which immediately makes me suspicious. I have just e-mailed them to find out what's in the Low Sodium V8, in case my stomach ever starts being able to tolerate tomatoes again. If it's clean and I think I can handle it, I'll sure try it.

I know I sound like a food nazi, but when like 3/4 of the stuff in the store makes you sick in some way, it pays to be picky.

11:45 PM  
Blogger lola h. said...

ugh ... i think i'd prefer the memorial service over a urology exam. yikes!

see you next week. ;)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home