Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Just a brief reminder...

If you run a food company, or are responsible with coming up with recipes for a food company, and you use MSG, hydrolyzed proteins, autolyzed extracts, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, or nitrates in your products--please go kill yourself now, because you are evil incarnate. I do not care why you use them, and I do not care how much your profits would suffer should you stop using them. In fact, I do not give a caramel-coated fuck about you or any aspect of your company. All I care about is going to the store and buying food I can eat that will not make me crazy--something that is getting increasingly difficult and expensive as even the organic food companies [not the real ones, the corporate ones who barely squeak under the FDA's virtually meaningless organic rules] are putting sodium compounds in their products now, and the ones that don't charge you so goddamn much money that you could almost take the same money, buy a farm, and grow your own carrots and chickens.

Well, there's one other thing I want. I'd like to be able to take recipe and product suggestions from people who are kind enough to suggest them to me--and actually be able to eat them. I'm sick of looking like a dick because every time somebody says, "You should try _____, it's really good" I have to read the label and then come back to them and say "Thanks, sorry, but I can't, it has _____ in it."

Okay, there's ONE other tiny thing I want. If you're a nurse in a hospital, make sure the kitchen gets a copy of the patient's food restrictions. If you work in the hospital kitchen, READ THE FUCKING RESTRICTIONS YOU DIPWAD, AND FOLLOW THEM. The next bowl of MSG-laden broth I get in the hospital is gonna end up on somebody's uniform. You spent 4 years in nursing school, don't tell me you can't read a fucking soup label.

Okay, I'm done. Run along and die now.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home