Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fish, Fowl, and Thunderstorms

Saturday 6.

1. Would you prefer being a small fish in a large pond or a large fish in a small pond?

I'd prefer to be a human. If I can't, I'll go with being a large fish in a small pond.

2. If you could change one thing about the climate where you live right now, what would it be and why?

I'd have more thunderstorms. Why? Because I like thunderstorms, I'm used to thunderstorms, and this stupid global warming is causing drought after drought--hence, little rain and very few thunderstorms.

3. Do you consider yourself more or less normal than those around you?
I think I'm somewhere in the middle. There are people I work with who are way more messed up than I am, and people who are fairly normal but tolerate weirdness well. In a random cross-section of people, I would probably be on the weird side.

4. Take the quiz: Are you right or left brained?
It says I'm 40% left brained and 60% right brained. That sounds about right.

5. Consider the last meal you ate: was the primary course beef, chicken, fish or vegetables? How often is this your primary course?

None. It was ground turkey, brown rice, taco sauce, pepperjack cheese, and chopped jalapeƱos all mixed together with cumin. I usually make a batch of this once every few weeks.

6. Should men who belong to a religion which permits it be allowed to have more than one wife? In other words, should polygamy be legal on religious grounds?
On religious grounds? Uh. No. I know you're all tired of hearing this, but...SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Apparently it isn't getting said enough, or this wouldn't even be an issue.

Now, should polygamy be allowed on the grounds that it's between consenting adults? Only if you allow both sexes to have multiple spouses--of either gender--and only if there's legislation in place to account for the weird housing, tax and insurance situations that it would cause. It's not a big jump from the current marriage limitations to allowing gay marriage, but we'd need new tax forms if polygamy was legal. What if somebody wanted to file as "married filing as a group"? How might this affect housing if different spouses have different rooms? Do they all sleep in one room? I'm sure it could be worked out, but it'd take some time.

And maybe I'm biased because I doubt I'd ever get into a polygamous relationship. The more people you have to rely on to be faithful, the more likely you're gonna contract something. Also, I can't even handle living with one person, never mind two or more. Then if there was another wife and she got pregnant, then you'd have to live with her kid...Yeah, uh, thanks but no thanks.

Well, I was up at the crack of dusk today with a lot of stuff planned, including making homemade applesauce. So I'm gonna get on that. Ta.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home