Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Insert Clever Title Here

Saturday 6.

1. Pluto has been demoted from planet to "dwarf planet." Are you willing to give up everything you've been taught all these years and begin referring to our solar system as having eight planets, or will you continue thinking about it having nine?
I think I'll always sort of think of it as a planet, but I'll eventually get used to the 8-planet solar system. It's not like we have a choice anyway. I wrote more about it here.

Good thing I put off buying a 2001-2100 ephemeris...

2. Where is the last store you visited? What was your last bill there?
It was the local grocery store. I spent about $5 [Kool-Aid and diet cream soda].

3. What new television show are you most looking forward to seeing this season?
I don't have TV, so I really don't give a rat's ass about new shows or any other shows. They could have a show called "Merv Griffin's Dwarf Zombie Hentai Survivor" and I wouldn't care. I have old "X-Files" on DVD now, so I'm happy.

4. Take the quiz: Which greek God are you? Save yourself some time and space by listing the name of the God, the description it gives you and the famous people you're like. (Don't worry about the graphical information and all the rest unless you just want to!)
Narcissus
33% Extroversion, 33% Intuition, 16% Emotiveness, 100% Perceptiveness
You are viewed by others as tasteless, thick-skinned, inflexible, self-absorbed, arrogant and oblivious. You are Narcissus. You seek out high risk jobs, and jobs that allow you to assert yourself over other people. You also really need your space. You have a strong conformist streak, but you also like to be spontaneous. You also love you. I mean, you REALLY love yourself. You think you're awesome incarnate. But, your flyboy arrogance aside, your bravado lets you accomplish things that others might not be able to.

Famous People like you: Chuck Yeager, Alan Shepard
Stay clear of: Atlas, Prometheus, Daedalus, The Oracle
Seek out: Icarus, Apollo, Hermes


Cool! I like Apollo and Hermes. And I'd have to agree, Narcissus is a pretty good match for somebody who has 4 personal blogs...

5. Of the famous people it lists like you, which is the scariest?
I had no idea who Alan Shepard was. I had to look him up. [He's an astronaut.] So between an astronaut and a fighter pilot, who's scarier? Uh, probably Yeager, since he was trained to fly over things and blow them up instead of just orbiting Earth. That's still not terribly scary, though, just cool.

6. You decide to bring candy to keep on your desk. If you could only pick one kind of candy, which would it be?

Something that tasted awful. That way I wouldn't be tempted to eat it, and anybody that tried to steal it would get a nasty surprise. Maybe some of those Everything-Flavoured Beans or whatever, from the Harry Potter books. I'd pick out all the booger-flavoured, vomit-flavoured, and Keith-Richards'-anus-flavoured ones and put them in a big, attractive dish. I'd also put some B-complex vitamins in there for variety; they taste just about as bad. That's what you get for trying to steal my candy!

Actually, I would never keep candy on my desk. I don't even keep candy in the house most of the time. Sugar is about the worst thing you can do to your immune system outside of, like, AIDS. I'm already tired a lot of the time; I don't need constant colds, yeast infections, and massive acne breakouts on top of it all. And for some reason, corn syrup makes me crazy [the bad kind of crazy].

As for sugar-free candy, the only kinds that don't taste like total shit are the kinds with Splenda or one of the sugar alcohols [sorbitol, mannitol, &c.], and those give me weird reactions like diarrhea and airway constriction. The diarrhea I can sort of live with; the airway constriction, not so much. So I just occasionally buy a Hershey bar or whatever and go without candy the rest of the time. [And that's why I'm one of those girls that eat pizza and never gain weight. ;) ]

And that's a wrap.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Thank you! Everytime I try to swallow a B vitamin, I puke it back up, and everyone who sees me do it tells me that I'm nuts, but they taste like crap!

And, I'm sorry, but you have made me want to watch Merv Griffin's Dwarf Zombie Warrior show, and I never watch prime time TV.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home