Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 28, 2006

the stores are open, but I ain't got no money...

Sunday 7.

Name seven stores no good shopping mall should be without.

~Catherine's [jeans! that fit!!]
~Hot Topic [because where else are you going to find skull earrings?]
~GNC [for herbs]
~Claire's [because I do like to look, even if I can't afford any of it]
~Bath & Body Works [yeah, I know they're overpriced, but they have so many massage-roller things...]
~Target, ShopKo, or some similar store [for the stuff you didn't want to pay twice as much for at the other stores]
~Best Buy [beepy electronic things! And unedited CD's.]
~Any one of those weird-ass stores that crops up from time to time, selling headshop paraphernalia, weird novelty lighting, obscene posters, and all the other things that young men use as dorm decoration. As long as they have Happy Bunny door signs and window clings, they're okay by me.

That's eight, but whatever.

I didn't put Barnes & Noble on my list because I have a poor person's irrational hatred of people who can afford to pay full cover price for their books. I have never seen a mall with a used book store, but dammit, that should be on the list too. I didn't list Penney's, either, because although they're a mall staple, they're a bunch of fatphobic pudyankers who can't be bothered to carry any plus-size clothing that a] fits, b] isn't hideous and c] doesn't cost more than your car. They also apparently hate women with breasts bigger than a pea, because their plus-size lingerie section is totally inexcusable. But I've gone over that so many times, and we all know it sucks, so I'll stop there. I didn't list Sears either, because Sears has been circling the bowl for so long, I'm amazed they're still in business. They suck so bad, they have their own gravity well.

So there.

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home