Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

Of course not. I couldn't get that lucky.

Booking Through Thursday.

Do you like to keep your books nearby? Do you collect them? Pile, stack, shelve, hoard them? Or do you get rid of them, send them back to the library, give them away, once you've read them?
Depends on if I think I'll read them again. Mostly I hoard them. If they're library books, I do tend to send them back, because of, y'know, the fines and stuff. I do have a stack of Isaac Asimov books that I want to donate to the used book store because gods help me, I canNOT read him without getting completely bored. I got about 100-200 pages into the Foundation trilogy and gave up. It was like C-SPAN In Space. Even the ones with the robots, which are supposed to be his best-loved works, are boring to me. I don't know if it's because nearly all the characters are male [and the female ones come off as stereotypical], or if it's just the way he tells the story; but I cannot get into it. But by the time I finally convinced my mom to stop buying me Asimov books at yard sales just because she knows I like scifi, I'd accumulated close to a dozen. And they're taking up space. And they could get me credit at a used book store. And I'm sure there's somebody out there who thinks Asimov is Teh Sh1t and would just love these doorstops books.

There are some books from my childhood that I parted with, not because I didn't love them, but because I wanted somebody else to enjoy them. [Now I'm wishing I'd kept some of them...I miss Little Bear and Richard Scarry...]

It'd be nice to have a three-bedroom place, just so I could have a study. I'm sure I could fill at least two and probably three whole walls of shelves with books.

***

Thursday Threesome
.

::Christmas is Coming::

Onesome: Christmas-- shopping: done deal? Haven't started? "Oh, man! Yeah, I need to make a list!" (I'm thinking this one may sort out by gender...)

I still have supplies to get, and then I have to finish making presents.

Twosome: is-- it time to decorate yet? ...or do you still have another week or two to go?
I've already done all the decorating I plan to do.

Threesome: Coming-- or going? ...or staying home? Are you visiting or hosting this Christmas? ...or both?
Most likely both.

***

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home