Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 25, 2007

This Is Your Life, Judged By Restrictive Cultural Norms

Saturday 6.

1. Rating them on a scale of one to ten, which of the following aspects of your life would you think rates the highest: mind, body or spirit?
I had to take the quiz before I figured out what this question was asking for. I thought it was asking me to rate them in terms of how important I thought they were. Apparently I'm supposed to rate them on whether they suck or not.

My mind gets a, I don't know, a 7 or an 8, given my grades, my IQ score [147 tyvm], the way they were always trying to shove me into gifted class, and the enormous difficulty I have in being charitable towards mentally slow people.

My body gets about a 3 because my system is over-sensitive. It functions, but it won't accept 2/3 of the food in the store without some fucked-up reaction. I also can't take most drugs because my body reacts so bad that the side effects are nearly always worse than the thing they were Rx'd for; so if I get seriously ill, I'm pretty much hosed. If I lived in a Native American tribe or something and they didn't have modern drugs or preservative-laden food, I'd probably rate it higher. Also, my fat would come in handy in the winter. :)

My spirit gets a 5. I still have a lot of closets to clean out and a lot of shit to shovel. For some reason I'm having a hard time picking up my witchcraft books and picking up on theory. It's not that I don't believe in it anymore--well, maybe I believe somewhat less--but that it's not as directly relevant to the work I'm doing. Or maybe it should be. I'll have to look into that.

2. Rating them on a scale of one to ten, which of the following aspects of your life would you think rates the lowest: friends/family, love or finance?
Finance. I WANT MONEY DAMMIT. I only make 20K a year, so I'll give that a 2.

Friends and family get a 6 because my family is there for me but doesn't fucking listen when I ask them to stop doing something. My friends are great, but most of them live in other parts of the country, so it's kinda hard to get together.

Love life is a 7 as long as I have fresh batteries [shut up, you asked]. It would be an 8 or a 9 except our society is filled with nosy psychos who aren't happy unless everybody has a hot dog in their bun at all times, and a lot of corporations have vested interests in ramping up people's not-getting-laid anxiety for reasons I've explained elsewhere. So other than the fact that I live in a "OMG UR NOT GETTIN LAID U L0Z0R" culture, I'm doing okay. :)

3. Considering all six categories, which do you think would rank closest to the middle, a "5"?
See 1 and 2. You already asked me to rank them.

4. Take the quiz: How does your life rate?
This Is My Life, Rated
Life:
5.3
Mind:
6.4
Body:
6.6
Spirit:
5
Friends/Family:
3.2
Love:
2.9
Finance:
5.9
Take the Rate My Life Quiz


5. Of the first three questions, how many of your responses match the responses of the quiz?
The only one that matches is "Spirit." "Mind" comes sorta close. I suppose I should have counted chemical sensitivities as a serious illness.

6. Which of the test's responses do you disagree the most with and why?
Love life. This is so retarded. This is exactly what I'm talking about. "OMFG THERE IZNT A P3NUS IN UR VJAYJAY!!!!1!!!!11one U P00R THING U NEED A BF RIT NOW omgomgomg"

This shit needs to stop. It needs to stop right now, before we actually have mobs going round with torches, looking everybody's bed to make sure there are at least two people in each one. Folks, I know the advertising agencies are doing a very good job of making you feel inadequate for not being in lurve every single second of your life [and they're making a LOT of money off of you in the process]; but get a grip already. If you're gonna go to the trouble of writing a quiz judging people's love lives, at least take the time to put the emphasis on whether they're content with their marital status instead of just automatically ascribing emotional states to different statuses. I've known married people who would kill to be in my position.

I need coffee.

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home