Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stuff

Booking Through Thursday.

1. How many unread books do you have in your house, right now? (Your own books, that is--not ones that belong to other family members--and not counting things like school books, if you have them.) Clearly, an estimate will do.
Man, I dunno...300, give or take 100.

2. To the best of your recollection, what is the OLDEST unread book in your collection? How long has it been waiting?
You mean the oldest one that I haven't even cracked? That would be a 1921 edition of H. G. Wells' The Outline of History.

Or do you mean the one I've had the longest? I have a few dozen left over from when my family was given a huge load of books, back when I was about 10. I think I had all the ones I read before that.

3. Do your TBR books (that's "To Be Read," if you didn't know) haunt you, make you feel guilty that you haven't read them yet?
Sometimes, especially when I'm in the library or book-hunting on Amazon. I'm gradually assimilating the idea that I may very well die before I read every book I own.

***

Thursday Threesome.

::Plaid Kittens Attack!::

Onesome: Plaid-- Yes? No? Wouldn't even consider it? Makes the outfit? Makes terrible wallpaper?

Good for kilts and sassy little Catholic-schoolgirl-style skirts. Red and black plaid can be worn as part of a Goth look. Regular plaid...uh. No. Not unless it's on a flannel shirt [and try getting a flannel shirt that's NOT plaid; they make 'em, but you gotta hunt a bit].

Twosome: Kittens-- Cutest things in the world? Creatures from another planet? Things other people have?

I love 'em. My sinuses don't. And I live in a no-pets building, so I do not have a kitty. :(

Threesome: Attack!-- of the Killer Tomatoes! Okay, what's your vote for the worst movie title of all time?
I looked up several bad movie title lists, and I...I just can't make up my mind. There are so many to choose from. Some good candidates:

Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs
Doctor of Doom and The Wrestling Women vs The Aztec Mummy
Franken Hooker
Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter

Each one of these gave me an instant "good gods, I don't EVEN want to know" reaction. So it's a six-way tie. Come to think of it, "Six-Way Tie" would be a pretty crapalicious name for a movie, too...

Bah. Enough of this.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home