Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Catching Up Without Depeche Mode

Okay, maybe just a little Depeche Mode. If I can find my black eyeliner.

Saturday 8.

1. the millionaire "secret santa" has passed. do you contribute to charity?
Occasionally, yes, if I can give cash. I don't usually give to charities that I think might sell my contact info to other charities [I'm looking at you, ACLU, you bastards], but if there's a chance to give anonymously, then I will.

2. if you had a million dollars to donate to any charity or group, where would you give it?
Planned Parenthood.

3. do you think that the tax deduction benefit is worth giving?
I don't know. Depends how much you're giving, I suppose.

4. do you patronise goodwill or any other community charity store?

Um...I do go to thrift stores sometimes. Does that count?

5. do you give money to people who are begging?

If I have it, yeah.

6. many cities are starting ordinances that bar or limit charities from giving out free food/clothing to homeless people in municipal areas. do you agree or disagree with this limitation, and why?
I don't know enough about it to agree or disagree; but unless they're gonna provide jobs and housing for these people, I'd like to hear a damn good excuse why they should only get fed twice a year. I'm also glad I don't work for the ME's office for any of those cities, because I have a feeling it's gonna get busy.

7. many homeless are mentally ill and it is difficult to locate them, diagnose them, and monitor their medication/intake. do you think that the federal government does enough for the mentally-ill homeless in your country, and why?

Absolutely not. One third of the homeless in the U.S. are mentally ill. There are 4 times as many mentally ill people in prison as there are in hospitals and group homes, and a good many of them are in prison because they're homeless, jobless or both and can't get adequate treatment. It's disgusting.

8. how "giving" are you with friends? have you been burned in the past lending money/time to someone who either does not pay you back or is ungrateful/expectant of your time/money, or have you had relatively good experiences with giving/lending?

I don't lend money, unless it's an amount I can afford to lose for good. Generally I just outright give it.

***

Saturday 6.

1. If you knew you would die the following day, what would you do with your blog: edit some parts of it and leave it up for posterity, leave it as it is, or delete it?
I'd leave it.

2. Other than your own blog, what single website do you visit the most?
Man, I don't know. I go to my friends page on LJ a lot, and to CNN, and to Yahoo Mail. I'd say it's a 3-way tie between those.

3. How many different email accounts do you currently own, counting work and home?
I don't even know anymore.

4. Take the quiz: How addicted to the internet are you?
It says I'm 42% addicted.

5. Are you more likely to visit the internet the first thing in the morning or the last thing at night?
First thing at night, although if I've already gone to bed for the afternoon and can't get something out of my head [like trying to remember the name of a movie, for instance], I may get up and go look it up.

6. Who was the last person you had an email/instant message conversation with? When was the last time you saw that person in person?
I'm currently in an IM conversation with somebody I have never met in person.

***

Sunday 7.

Name seven celebrities whom you'd be happy to go a year without hearing another word about.
Pfft. Only seven? Okay.
~Tom Cruise
~George W. Bush
~Monica Lewinsky [she's suffered enough; leave the poor thing alone]
~Brangelina [does that count as 1 or 2?]
~the Pope
~Jesus
~Britney Spears
~Britney Spears' lady parts
~John Lennon [yes, he was a great man, but for gods' sake, give it a rest already]
~Justin Timberlake
~Pretty much everybody in People magazine

That's more than seven, but it's so easy to get carried away with lists like that.

***

Curious as a Cat.

If you could follow your heart and do something that would take you outside your daily existence, what would you do? How would you accomplish it? Why?
I'd travel the world in total luxury. How would I do it? If I knew that, I'd be on a private beach in Greece or something, not sitting around my apartment hiding from the -13° weather outside. Why? Because working is Teh Suxx0r, and so are MN winters.

What is your most favorite saying? What one thing (word or phrase) do you say the most?
That's easy. "Fuck."

What one job in history would you have wanted?
It'd be nice to be an assistant to Leonardo da Vinci. [Did he have assistants? He must've.] Think of all the cool stuff I'd learn. And I'd get to meet Mona Lisa in person.

***

Man, I just wanna go to bed. Think I might do just that.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home