Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Last Saturday 8 of the year...

Saturday 8 at their new home.

1. new year's plans?
Sleep and trying to finish Count of Monte Cristo before midnight so I can claim 33 books finished for 2006. Update: Finished at 7 pm. Yay for me!

2. i don't do new year's resolutions, but i think that we all look forward to doing something differently in the new year. what will you do in 2007 that you didn't do in 2006?
Besides writing 2007 on my checks? Uhh...hopefully sell artwork.

3. in the past 24 hours, i have reconnected with 3 old friends that i've not spoken to in years. if you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why?
Two people: an old friend from junior high, to whom I was kind of an immature dick for a while, which drove her off I think [can't imagine why]; and an ex-boyfriend who I wouldn't mind having back as a friend, because he really was a lot of fun.

4. i live my life not regretting anything ... or at least try not to regret anything that i've done, and look at life as a learning experience. do you have anything that you would have not done/done differently in 2006 as you look back?
I'd probably kick up a bigger stink about the mess that's been made of my student loans.

5. going back to my ex-friends that i reconnected with, one of them REALLY let me down as she chose a guy over our friendship. she wrote to me that she would think back over these past 14 years and kick herself, and wonder what had happened to me? do you have someone that you wronged/wronged you and wonder where they are? what happened to that friendship?
Yup. See 3.

6. one of the other ex-friends is an ex-boyfriend that i had when i was 16. he cheated on me when i was 17, and then i 'got over it' and we had a cordial non-friendship. i'm married and he's married, so i don't have any problem talking with him as there is NO chance at stirring up any old flames. if you had a chance to reconnect with an ex, who would it be, and why? or would you let sleeping "dogs" lie?
See 3.

7. i'm eating to join a weight-loss study. that's right ... i'm about 10 lbs. shy of the weight goal and am actually porking out this coming week as i get free vitamins/supplements, a free registered dietician for two years, and i also get $600/mo. to participate for two years. i'm VERY tall (over 5'9"), so this is going to be difficult! i'm gaining 10 lbs. to lose my original goal of 20 lbs., which will now be 30 lbs. (hey, i want to get back into a size 6 after being a size 10 for a few years!). to gain those 10 lbs., what do you suggest that i eat? any "fun" fattening foods that i should try?
Hershey bars with peanut butter smeared on them. And lots of cheesecake.

8. i'm heading to disney today with the family and friends. what is your favourite theme park, and why?
The one I don't have to go to. Why? Because there is nothing about theme parks that I like. I don't like crowds; I get motion sickness very easily; and "fair food" [e.g. corn dogs, fried cheese curds, ice cream and so on] gives me migraines and/or explosive diarrhea. So there's not a whole lot left except midway games; and frankly, it'd be cheaper and more relaxing to just stand in my living room and throw wiffle balls at the wall, and then drive to Mallwart and buy myself a stuffed elephant.

That said, I hope you guys have a wonderful time; as long as the parks are there anyway, somebody might as well enjoy them.

***

I will now go and bask in the afterglow of the cappuccino I got at Casey's. If you're in the Midwest and feel like a good cappuccino and a donut, they have some of the best. mmm...

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

1 Comments:

Blogger lola h. said...

LOL - i live in theme park central, and generally kick myself once i get there as i've obviously forgotten how miserable they are. this visit to the magic kingdom was no exception - i was travelling with a friend's 3-y.o. son. i couldn't find a sharp enough implement to gouge my ears out.

hope you enjoyed "the count." one of my favourite all-time reads! if you're into 800-hr. miniseries, check out the depardieu one from netflix. he does an amazing job, unlike most book-to-screen endeavours...

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home