Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ho ho, ho!

Okay, I'm not really calling anybody a ho. Yet.

Saturday 6.

1. Christmas cards must be mailed by Monday to arrive on time. Do you think you'll make the deadline?
Hell no.

2. If you had to restrict all of your Christmas shopping to one single store, which one would you choose?
Dick Blick or Michael's. That way if they didn't want art supplies, I could at least make them something.

3. If you had to restrict all of the shopping others did for your Christmas gifts to one store, which would you choose?
Dick Blick or Michael's.

4. Take the quiz: Which Jones Holiday Soda are you?

[rofl] Huh??? Somebody over at Blogthings must be REALLY bored. I hope Santy Claus brings them a latchhook kit or something.

Okay. It says I'm cranberry soda. That actually doesn't sound too bad...

I see Blogthings has switched from the "cord blood video" ad to the "who's your soul mate" ad. I followed the link, and the only way you can get your result is to have it sent to your cell phone. So if you don't have a cell phone, you don't get a soul mate, apparently. I feel sad for all the people over the last forty millennia or so that couldn't find their soul mate because cell phones hadn't been invented yet.

I thought about getting a used cell phone, not buying the plan, and just taking it along when I'm in the car so that if I get stranded on the highway or some other emergency comes up, I can at least call 911. But then I'd end up with a soul mate who only shows up when the car breaks down or the house is on fire or something.

5. You're invited to a Christmas party and are required to bring a dessert. What would you create for the occasion?
Brownies. I know people who'll sit there and fiddlyfuck around for hours making coconut snowmen and marzipan reindeer and all that. And those things are nice. But life is short. From me, you're getting brownies.

6. How many Christmas parties have you been invited to this season? How many have you attended so far?
One; zero.

***

Saturday 8.

1. what is the furthest you've ever travelled from your home?
About 1100 miles.

2. everyone has a dream vacation ... what's yours?
Being able to stay home, but having the money to go wherever I want should I decide to.

3. where you live, is there a marked difference between the amount of daylight you see in the summer and winter?
Yes.

4. what is the coldest temperature you've ever experienced?
I don't remember. I live in Minnesota, though, so I'm guessing it was pretty damn cold.

5. i am used to a minimum of 50% humidity. i'm so dry up here in reykjavik, i am scratching like i've got fleas. what's your common humidity where you live?
Too high for varnishing, I know that.

6. right now, all the news i get is about the serial killer in england. i feel so disconnected from the States. when was the last time you felt "disconnected" from home, and why did you feel that way?
What's "home"? Do you mean home state, home country, what? I'd moved about 7 times before I was eighteen, so I never had a chance to become connected to those places in the first place. I suppose I felt sorta disconnected when I moved up here, just because I had no way to get back, and after six months, maybe one person was still answering my letters. But since I hated the South with the venom of a thousand adders anyway, it wasn't too bad; mostly I was glad to get out of there.

As for feeling disconnected from my country, I've never felt very connected to it, and I've felt no connection since, oh, November 2000. If you really have to ask why, I'm just gonna cry.

7. the coffee here is all instant, even at coffee shoppes. you have to go in to a really chic shoppe and pay about $7-8USD for a good cup of non-instant coffee. would you settle for instant, or are you a coffee-worshipper who would pay that much for a good cup?
I'd settle for instant. I prefer real coffee, but I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna pay $7 for a drink of anything unless I'm either a] going to die without it or b] making $50 an hour.

Are they just unable to get fresh coffee up there, or what?

8. icelanders, though very nice once you get to talking to them, are really perfunctory. they would be considered rude in the U.S. and score REALLY low on the customer service side. they're not mean or rude or condescending, it's just that the 'niceties' we take for granted ("have a nice day" or "thank you!") are not very present here. when was the last time you experienced sub-par customer service?
Dell and the student loan people. [That sounds like a band name.]

***

ew...sinuses...and having to retype "ew" three times to get it right...

That about does it for me for blogging today, I think. Time to go hunt up some food and some Advil. And some real coffee.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home