Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dropping the Ball

Booking Through Thursday.

Any New Year's Reading Resolutions? A certain number of books you want to read in 2007? Certain genres? Something from your TBR pile? Classics to read? Authors to try? Anything at all??
I want to finish at least 25 books again next year. I'm on 32 now, and if I make it through The Count of Monte Cristo before midnight Sunday, it'll be 33. Not bad for somebody who works full-time and has about five other hobbies/quasi-careers/major interests besides.

In the coming year I'd like to tackle Dostoyevsky's The Idiot, re-read Gulliver's Travels and The Prince, and give Crime and Punishment another stab. Of course, that means I'm gonna have to read a whole bunch of children's books and trashy crime novels to balance out all that stuffy pretentious intellectualism ;) Or not. Shoot me, it's pretentious intellectual season.

***

Thursday Threesome.

::Happy New Year!::

Onesome: Happy--New Year to you and yours! ...any plans for this weekend? Dick Clark? Guy Lombardo? Early to bed?

Holy nuts, is Dick Clark still alive? You know, I didn't used to believe in vampires, but now I'm not so sure...

Anywho. I will be home New Year's Eve, sleeping. I might get up before midnight to watch my computer clock change over, but probably not.

Twosome: New--year, old year. Is this the year you take up skiing? ...or knitting? ...or vacuuming every other day ? Do you have any major project you'd like to tackle? (Sure, 'resolutions' count...)
Not at the moment. I'm sure I'll get bored and come up with something.

Threesome: Year--end chores? Do the lights and decorations come down this weekend? ...or are you already "done with Christmas"?
Oh, I don't know; I might leave them up a while longer, at least until I find closet space for them [I made a couple new ones this year]. I still have a few late cards and presents to send out, so I suppose I should leave the decorations up to remind me to get on the stick and finish them up.

***

Happy New Year to everybody who's celebrating it, and Happy Monday to whoever isn't. [I'll probably end up saying that about ten more times here before next week, but whatever.]

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home