Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Honk If You Hate People Too

Sunday 7.

Name seven pet peeves other drivers commit.
~Talking on the phone, unless it's a dire emergency. [I can get on my high horse now, since I've mostly broken the habit of eating while I drive. :-P ]

~Tailgating, especially at night when their lights shine right in all of your mirrors.

~Not turning their highbeams down when approaching at night.

~Passing when there's another car coming the other direction, so both you and the car in the other lane have to slow down to avoid an accident.

~Drunk driving. Thank the gods I've never known anybody killed or seriously injured by a drunk driver, but it still pisses me off because there's no excuse in the world for it.

~Parallel parking 2 or 3 feet from the curb. USE YOUR DAMN MIRRORS. I passed parallel parking on my driver's test in a huge-ass aircraft carrier of a van that I'd only driven once before; you can jolly well get your stupid monster truck just a little closer to the curb, especially if you have a whole half a block to park in.

~People who drive the wrong direction in an angled parking lot. Even if the arrows are invisible, you should be able to see the direction by which way the spaces in that lane are pointing.

I also gotta agree with Patrick about the ones he listed, too, although weaving in and out doesn't bother me too much unless they're cutting me off or being a hazard. I've been in places where it's hard to figure out what lane you need to be in, so sometimes it looks like you're weaving when you're not trying to. But other times, yeah, somebody's really just trying to get to the stoplight 3 seconds earlier.

***

blargh. Ever feel tired and cruddy, lie down and take a nap, and then wake up feeling more strung out than when you went to sleep?

Yeah.

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home