Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

Late memes.

Hump.

1. What's in your junk drawer, and how many junk drawers do you have?
I don't really have a junk drawer right now--I haven't lived here long enough.

Oh wait, yeah I do. I have a couple little mini-cabinets with junk in them. One has stamps, address labels, and other office-supply-related crap; one has toothpicks and earplugs; another one has ribbon bookmarks and crazy glue.

2. How often do you clean or rearrange your junk drawers?
Whenever I get new places to put the junk.

3. Name one celebrity whose junk drawer you'd love to go through.

I almost said Marilyn Manson, because it'd be interesting, but it might also be really frightening. He probably has human teeth and vials of animal blood and Aleister Crowley's jockstrap or something in there.

I'll have to go with Weird Al's junk drawer.

***

Bookin'.

1. Do you tend to read more books written by one gender over the other? If so, which one? Men? Or women?
After an informal and incomplete audit of my book collection, it seems to be about 60-70% men.

2. Is this a deliberate choice? Or just something that kind of happened?
I think it's due to the education gap that's existed between men and women for the last several thousand years. It's pretty hard to represent your sex in the world of literature when nobody will teach you how to read. Since I try to read a mixture of classics and newer books, that necessarily means I will read more books by men. If I only count books from the last 80 years or so, it's pretty evenly mixed.

3. And (without wanting to get too personal), is this your gender?
No.

***

The Threesome.
::Common Household Products::

Onesome: Common-- Quick and easy: the most common name you can think of! Okay, let's make it a first (given) name...

um...I know a whole busload of Julies.

Twosome: Household-- cleaners? What is your "go to" cleanser when you have to clean the place up? Are you a Lysol Junkie, an Orange Blossom Special or maybe a Bleach it to Death type? Come on, come clean !
I usually use Ad-Aware...oh, you mean clean the apartment. Mostly I use either vinegar or dish soap and hot water. For actual cleanser, I tend to go with Comet [if I need bleach] or Bon Ami.

Threesome: Products-- come and products go. What's on your list as a "wanna have" for this Fall (no, not for Christmas; we'll save that for later).
I want an MP3 player and hardware to plug it into my car stereo system--assuming it will work with my car stereo system. If not, then a new car stereo is in order. [But not a nice one. My security system basically consists of never having anything in the car worth stealing.]

***

And that's all for now. My ability to concentrate has been completely eroded by the bizarre garbage-like, spoiled-food-like smell in my apartment. I say "bizarre" because I have no fucking idea where it is coming from. It's not coming from the kitchen, as far as I can tell. It's coming from the computer area, but there is no food in this area, nor have I spilled anything, nor is there anything icky in the trash can. Used Kleenex and magazine subscription inserts do not smell like moldy Tupperware.

Jeez, I hope it's not me.

I'm off to play "Find the Smell."

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home