Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Why do you THINK they call it programming?

Saturday 8, boob tube edition.

1. what was your favourite TV show as a child/teen?
I had so many, I couldn't even list them all here. I was pretty partial to Transformers and Voltron, though.

2. there are a lot of specialty TV networks now: the golf channel, LOGO (gay/lesbian), G4TV (gamers). do you watch any specialty TV networks?
No.

3. the majority of my television-watching is news only. if you think about the percentages of TV you watch currently, what ranks at the highest? why?
The blank screen. Why? Because it insults my intelligence the least.

4. there are a few TV personalities that i abhor, two being bobby flay and rachael ray. i really, REALLY want to run that woman over with my car. is there a television personality that you cannot stand, and why?
I don't even know who the hell's on TV anymore. Don't care, either.

5. guilty pleasure ... for me, it's "the real housewives of orange county," when i can actually get around to watching them. what is your guilty TV pleasure?
"Star Trek" reruns.

6. HDTV: do you have it? why or why not?
No. Why not? Because TV blows, dude.

7. cable: yes or no? "how much" cable do you subscribe to, and why?

No. See 6. For what cable costs per month, I could buy--new--an entire season of Buffy or X-Files or South Park or M*A*S*H whatever other show I wanted to watch. I'd rather have that, and be able to watch it totally at my leisure, than 50 or 100 or 300 channels of aggravating, brain-pickling asswash. If I could pay by the channel, it MIGHT be a different story, provided PBS was one of the channels.

8. i love Dr. Who and wish it could go on forever (preferably with Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor, phwoarrr!). which TV series would you love to last your lifetime?
None of them, since they eventually all run out of good ideas. All stories have a lifespan.

***

And I think I'm done for the day. Bedtime now.

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home