Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I don't, but thanks anyway

Saturday 8 is looking at the third finger on your left hand [but trying not to look like it's looking].

1. are you currently married?
No, I managed to avoid making that mistake with any of the people I dated. Of all the rights women have in America, the right to live alone and not have to take anybody's orders or put up with anybody's shit [at least in my own apartment] is the one I cherish most.

2. have you been married in the past, but are currently divorced from that person?
See 1.

3. when was the last wedding you attended?

My aunt's, when I was 4.

4. have you ever been a groomsman or in a bridal party?
No. And I won't. Generally it's your friends who are your bridesmaids, right? I've seen those dresses, man. Anybody who would ask me to wear one of those fucking things is NOT my friend. Of all the rights women have in America, the right NOT to wear a dress, especially a fuckugly teal satin dress with a three-foot bow on the ass, is also among my most cherished.

5. do you support same-gender marriages? why or why not?
Sure, why should straight people have all the misery? Besides, in a gay wedding, the chances of me having to wear a fuckugly teal dress would be pretty slim. I'm having a hard time imagining gay people wanting to copy all the sexist/heteronormative symbolism with which the "traditional" American wedding is rife.

6. what was the most fun you've ever had at a wedding?
Dude. I was FOUR. I don't even remember being there.

7. what's been the worst experience you've ever had at a wedding?

See 6.

8. have you ever made a complete fool out of yourself at a wedding, due to alcohol or other influences?

See 6.

That about does 'er.

sbt/sbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home