Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 15, 2007

A day late and a dollar short...

Saturday 6, Reader's Choice edition. And he picked one of my questions! Boo-ya!

1. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #90 from Remo: In the event of a disaster or act of disorder, are you currently prepared to remain self-sufficient for a day, a week, or a month until measures could be taken to restore order and services?
Maybe a week, if I eat absolutely everything in the freezer and the cupboard and start using Kleenex when the TP runs out.

2. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #91 from Frida: Feng shui: Totally serious, totally crapola, or just another cool way to get redecorating ideas?
Somewhere in between the first two, and definitely the third. I think that there's energy flowing through everything, and I also believe the amount of harmony in your surroundings influences your health and happiness. However, I would question whether the cardinal orientation of your bed or your rhododendron bush or whatever really enhances or saps your energy. I also think that everybody's idea of harmony is different. I can't stand living in a place that doesn't have at least a little clutter, and I hate giant open spaces between rooms. [I actually put shelves between the living room and the kitchen because the huge expanse of open space freaks me out.] Somebody else might walk in and have a claustrophobia attack, but I'm comfy with it. So I don't think there's just one system that works for everybody.

That being said, if you just bought a new armoire and can't decide what wall to put it along, it sure can't hurt to consult a feng shui book. You never know.

3. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #92 from Call Me Betty: Do you feel comfortable being yourself in public or do you feel you have to hide certain aspects of your personality?
Well, there's public and there's public--different venues have different standards of behaviour. I wouldn't think anything of swearing out loud while at, say, a concert; but I wouldn't use the same language in church. I don't make much of an effort to control my temper in public, though, because if people think you're happy, they sometimes act a little overly friendly. If I'm not able to answer in kind, I want people to know it so they leave me alone.

4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #93 from Wil: Name your favorite flower to appear in the Spring around you?
I don't have one, largely because I don't have a favourite flower to begin with. Also, I've lived in apartments and dorms for the last fifteen years, so if you gave me a list of flowers and asked me to identify which ones bloom in the spring, I couldn't do it at gunpoint.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #94 from Cat.: From this list, are there any places you would never travel?
I don't think I could work up enough give-a-fuck to travel to any of them, frankly. The only way I'd travel to a foreign country is if I could be assured of getting food that I can eat, getting private bathroom facilities, being safe [at least roughly as safe as in the US], and not having to deal with people's goddamn smoke. If I can get those, I'll go anywhere. If I can't, I won't.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #95 from Kathy: Who is your favorite [motion picture] director?
I don't have one, nor do I care enough about movies to try to pick one. Would somebody, anybody, mind leaving a comment explaining to me why people get such a big hard-on for movies? I don't get it. It's not that I hate them or anything, and I'll sit down with a DVD from time to time and occasionally set aside a "movie day"; but I don't understand the "OMG i have 2 chg my pantees SPIDRMAN 3 is cuming out!!1 ooooomgwtfbbq!!!!11!" attitude.

Same thing with books and albums. When I hear about the new Spidey movie or Harry Potter book or Beck album, I'm happy; but I'm not gonna show up at B&N or the cineplex dressed up like Ginny Weasley or the Hobgoblin or whatever. I guess I just don't have the temperament to get seriously excited about things like that.

But this question wasn't about that anyway; it was about film directors. I can only name about 5 directors off the top of my head, and I haven't seen enough movies by any of them [with the possible exception of Tim Burton, who is T3h 1337] to rank them.

So.

Good questions overall, though; and thanks again to Patrick for using one of mine. :)

same bitch time, same bitch channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home